International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc - Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Control Engineer
Ref No: 30028621
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Job Type: Full time
- An opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Process Control Engineer in our Gateway Brewery located in South-West Nigeria reporting to the Manufacturing System Manager.
- The successful incumbent will manage, design, co-ordinate and implement the installations of new process control systems within Brewing, Energy & Fluids and Packaging.
- Ensure sustainable integrity and stability of the Control and Automation infrastructure and proactively recommend best practices within the Control and Automation Arena.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Process Control Engineer will:
- Provide insight and feedback on how processes are controlled to area Support plant process optimization in terms of Quality, Cost and Speed improvements
- To support regions with process optimization efforts in terms of improving quality, cost and speed of brewery processes managers and process engineers so that optimization proposals can be engineered.
- Support the change control process at the brewery to ensure that approved changes are made in accordance with approved procedures and vendor recommendations to the control and automation system as specified by area managers and process engineers.
- Follow-up on the effectiveness and sustainability of changes made
- To ensure and maintain control and automation systems uptime by continuously assessing and mitigating risks, resolving breakdowns and instituting sustainable prevention measures
- Conducting C&A risk assessments and recommending mitigation as per the site risk assessment process.
- Executing mitigation efforts in reduction of the risks identified
- Attending to and resolving C&A breakdowns both during and after office hours either remotely or by coming to site.
- Conducting after action reviews to engineer, design and execute sustainable preventative measures
- Support regions with C&A project implementation and ensure that they adhere to the C&A standards within the project.
- To support regions with control and automation project implementations by ensuring correct control and automation standards are followed and advising on technologies where applicable
- Provide input to the Business Case by reviewing business cases and making recommendations to the regions.
- Assist with technology selection by providing regions with insight into new technologies and making recommendations around these
- Provide regions with advice of technology implementation during technologies.
- Provide regions with Divisional Standards where they exist or assist regions in developing new standards in conjunction with the regions, design and commissioning of projects.
- Support regions with problems experienced in the Control and Automation layer that has been escalated to BIS.
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of Degree in Electrical Engineering / Software
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Control and Automation
- Networks and servers
- Microsoft server software
- Manufacturing Execution systems (MES).
- PLC systems
- Manufacturing processes
- S88 batch control standard
- Field instrumentation and networks
- SCADA systems
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Proactive with high energy levels
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to follow through
- Internal Actualization
- Strong ability to work in matrix/team environment
- Strong conceptual ability. Strong system aptitude / affinity with technology
- Strong customer service ethic
- Deadline driven.
Application Closing Date
4th October 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
|Job Category||Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Construction / Building Jobs in Nigeria|