Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- Oversees strategic procurement of goods and services, supplier sourcing and supply chain management, in Malaria Consortium Nigeria offices and for all MC programmes / projects implementation.
- This will include providing oversight, monitoring, and managing all of Malaria Consortium’s procurement processes at state and country level with strict compliance to the procurement policy, value for money and management processes.
- This will also involve contract management, supplier performance evaluation and procurement risk management.
- The role will be line managed by the Country Operations Manager to ensure procurement service, and other operations functions are efficiently delivered to all Malaria Consortium projects / programmes.
Scope of Work
- The Procurement Manager provides procurement services support to MC Nigeria Country Office Programmes / Projects in line with the Organisation’s policies, processes, and guidelines as well as local Nigerian policies and guidelines. This includes procurement planning, strategic supplier sourcing, supplier management, procurement of goods and services, effective supply chain management, and market analysis to ensure cost savings and value for money.
- The role will collaborate with the program teams to understand the various project needs, the timeline to meet the needs and provide relevant procurement support.
- The role includes running tenders, negotiating, and managing contracts, maintaining a database of all contracts in all MC offices in Nigeria, which will be done directly by the jobholder or through the core procurement team (senior procurement officers) depending on the agreed threshold.
- The role will also line manage the senior procurement officers. Lead and mentor them to develop an effective procurement team for MC NG office including periodic review of quality of procurement services delivered to the projects and programmes and discuss improvements with Country Operations Manager.
Procurement Strategy and Planning (70%):
- Ensure effective and efficient workflow of procurement processes in MC NG offices
- Line-manage assigned operations staff and provides oversight, capacity building and management support whilst ensuring staff objectives are set and monitored in line with HR guidelines
- Conduct annual demand planning and market assessment exercises to generate the Country Procurement Strategy with support from the COM and Programme and Project teams
- Ensure the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy is followed for all procurements in the country
- Support the Programme teams with the design of project / programme procurement plans for all projects to allow all procurements to be delivered on time at value for money following compliant process.
- Provide Quarterly report on status of procurement in MC documenting challenges and recommendations
- Coordinate accordingly with other operations and programme / project teams on delivery planning and coordination in designated storage areas
- Coordinate Country tender processes as appropriate in line with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, ensuring compliance.
- In line with project budgets, ensure all procurements are strategically carried out with cost saving intentions and VFM.
- Maintain a record of the status of all procurements which will be shared monthly with all relevant staff to aid planning and programme implementation.
- Maintain the Country Contract Tracking sheet and share with the Country Finance Manager and the Country Operations Manager on a bi-monthly basis.
Supplier Sourcing and cContract Management (15%):
- Ensure the maintenance of a consolidated database for all registered suppliers, pre-qualified suppliers, and Contract agreements in a secure manner.
- Coordinating the upload Framework Agreements (FWAs), procurement trackers and supporting documents onto the operations intranet page and tracking compliance related to data protection policies.
- Work with the compliance team to organise partners supply chain compliance reviews
- Maintain a database of all procurements against all supplier agreements and provide quarterly reports to the Country Operations Manager on total expenditure to date per agreement, supplier performance and issues and recommendation
- Carry out routine risk assessments for supplier engagement and contracting validation of all registered vendors
- Organise quarterly vendor management forums in each MC state office.
- Ensure appropriate capacity is provided for all procurement officers to improve service delivery for programme implementation
- Be the expert in Malaria Consortium on donor procurement policies, and ensure that implementation adheres to the donor and organizational policies and practices
- Conduct regular staff capacity building forums for specific challenge areas related to procurement actions
- Design, set – up and track VFM parameters for all procurements in MC NG office and periodically identify and recommend areas of efficiency gains
- Be the focal persons for audit with focus on procurement.
- Oversees the smooth running of MC procurement software, to trouble shot and resolve any challenges experienced by the operations and programme teams with the software.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven previous experience in Procurement Management for International NGOs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Operations or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Professional membership of a Procurement/Supply chain body
- 4-6 years of experience working in an operations role specifically procurement
- Experience leading and managing international procurements for NGOs
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations
- Facilitation and coordination skills.
- Sector awareness related to procurement.
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and coordination skills.
- Good knowledge and experience with using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as NAV and ReQlogic
- Committed to the organisations mission and its values
- Evidence of good organisational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well in teams.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.