BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
The Program Associate will:
- Manage the office of the Country Director (CD) and Technical Director (TD) by supporting both roles as required and ensuring that both attend all relevant meetings and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the CD and TD as needed in locating and assembling technical materials, copying and filing, monitoring activity implementation, and reminding relevant team members of activity timelines.
- Provide support to the CD and TD in filling procurement request forms, obtaining relevant background information, and tracking activity implementation.
- In consultation with the CD and Senior Management Team (SMT), organize and schedule business meetings as assigned, ensure conference rooms and other venues are reserved, and coordinate transportation if necessary to meeting venues.
- Assist in taking meeting notes during business meetings, developing follow-up actions from meetings, and following up with relevant parties to ensure implementation of HWM activities in line with meeting agreements.
- In consultation with TD, maintain up-to-date project workplans, including but not limited to status updates for individual workplan activities and associated documents as appropriate.
- Attend team and other technical and administrative meetings as assigned; in consultation with supervisory staff, prepare and circulate in advance meeting agenda, prepare and circulate draft minutes of meetings, and following review by supervisory staff, revise and circulate finalized minutes (after review as appropriate) including follow-up on outstanding tasks identified during the meeting.
- Assist the SMT in maintaining up-to-date contact list of relevant stakeholders to guide program implementation.
- Assist in review of relevant HWM reports and documents as may be assigned to align HWM deliverables with goals and objectives.
- Assist the CD and TD with other administrative tasks as needed.
Applicants for these positions should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent in Public Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences, Management, Communications, or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- At least three years’ work experience providing program support in health-related programs (with an international NGO preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with a USAID-funded contract or grant is a significant plus
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Abuja
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding timelines
- Strong organizational skills
|Job Category||NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|