CTG Global – CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peacebuilding, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (DTM – TTT)
Vacancy ID: VAC-7988
Locations: Katsina & Kaduna
Start date: 01-Sep-2022
Duration: 6 months
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of Position
- Under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub Office, the general supervision of the DTM Coordinator, the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer & the direct supervision of the Program Officer (DTM / TTT) in Katsina, the successful candidate will be accountable & responsible for the implementation, oversight & coordination of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM – TTT) operational activities.
- S / he will coordinate, in close collaboration with the partners in the field, the data collection process & analysis s / he has been assigned to.
- Support the planning, coordination & implementation of strategies to collect, analyze & disseminate data on IDPs & returnees in close collaboration with govt. counterparts, stakeholders & other relevant DTM – TTT partners in the field.
- Provide training & other technical support to DTM – TTT partners, including Field Enumerators on data collection & analysis based on the DTM methodology & tools.
- Build the capacity of our clients staff through training, team building events & other learning approaches.
- Monitor, evaluate & report the Transhumance Tracking Tool (TTT) operations in the field by identifying areas of improvement & enhanced efficiency.
- Carry out all administrative arrangements in the field, including timely / accurate submission of timesheets, for staff payments, other financial & logistics matters & review / endorsement of bills & invoices.
- Responsible for sending the information collected on the field in a timely manner & according to the standards & requirements of the DTM – TTT program.
- Keep abreast of all stakeholders & interagency assessments, reports & relevant material, especially under the TTT.
- Prepare a narrative report regarding implementing DTM – TTT activities weekly, quarterly, mid point & annually, including other ad hoc reports or situational analyses.
- When authorized, represent the DTM – TTT in all meetings & events organized at the local level & keep DTM management in the loop.
- Promote effective partnership by collaborating with DTM – TTT partners in the field during data collection, including our clients staff, to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Ensure respect, promote individual & cultural differences, encourage diversity by maintaining high ethical standards & act consistently with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercise careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges, including the flexibility to be deployed or redeployed under short notice, where deemed necessary.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- This role works under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub Office, the general supervision of the DTM Coordinator, the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer & the direct supervision of the Program Officer (DTM / TTT) in Katsina.
- Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Works effectively well with clients & stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Identify ways & implement actions to improve the performance of self & others.
- Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within the area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment, incorporates gender related needs, perspectives & concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet the resource needs of our client (optional depending on position level).
- University Degree / Diploma in Humanitarian, Political, Social Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related field, experience in statistical tools, reporting, liaising with govt. authorities advantageous, preferably within the international humanitarian area.
- Must be fluent in English & Hausa.
- Locals of Katsina or Kaduna & / or local working experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools is an advantage.
- Requires the technical skills to use design software programs mentioned above & possesses a general interest & aptitude for learning new technology.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including experience presenting to multiple audiences (e.g., technical & non technical, govt. circle).
- Inter personal skills & amiable disposition stemming from proven experience.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Internals of the organization & NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered 1st tier candidates.
- This vacancy is also open to 2nd tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for work, accreditation, residency or visa requirements & security clearances.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Contract duration – 6 months with possibility of extension.
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|