Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Project Manager, Warehouse– Jumia (Full Time)
As Project Manager, you will lead numerous improvement projects aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation of initiatives that eliminate waste, reduce lead time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement
- Work with Country Manager to identify performance gaps, prioritize and manage improvement roadmap
- Through robust data analysis of key operational and cost metrics, identify opportunities for innovation and work with all Ops teams to quantify the value of the opportunity i.e. Optimizing warehouse and Jumia Express operations
- Improve main KPIs: Vendor Net Promoter Score, Vendor satisfaction score, Seller Ops Queue Management, SLA DS collection cost effective pricing efficiency, lost in seller ops
- Support delivery of operational consistency across the supply chain through both process and technology
- Participate in implementing lean management practice across Jumia Services globally
- Work with business and broader Ops team to ensure initiatives are appropriately prioritized and supported
- Participate in technology development by giving constant feedback on requirement for Warehouse & Logistics operations.
- Monitoring of 5S practices and Material handling
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree/MBA required in an applicable discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, etc.)
- 8+ years of progressive related work with demonstrated experience in Continuous Improvement and/or Operational Excellence in a large fulfilment or distribution environment
- At least 3 years of experience using data visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI
- At least 3 years of experience in Project management and time management skills – experience with end-to-end project management processes
- Excellent analytical capabilities, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of distribution center/fulfilment operations and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders