United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Oxygen System Strengthening and the Establishment of a 3-Hub Model for Vaccines Logistic Management)
Job No: 553565
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
How Can you Make a Difference?
- Under the direct supervision and general guidance of the Chief, Health Section, the Project manager is The Programme manager (Health) will provide support to UNICEF Nigeria CO, Health Section, to manage projects that require working with various stakeholders, tight deadlines, and multiple funding sources.
- He/she will be the leading project manager of the following initiatives: Support the establishment of the 3-hubs in Abuja, Kano and Lagos for the expansion of the national cold storage space; and to manage the expansion of UNIEF oxygen portfolio, which includes the installation of 9 oxygen plants and ensuring sustainable powering.
- He/she will be working directly under the supervision of the Chief of the Section, and in close collaboration with the cluster leads (PHC, immunization, and MNCH).
- The programme manager (Health) will manage specific, multi-stakeholders’ projects of the Nigeria country office focusing on designing, planning, implementing, and monitoring corresponding activities in the workplans to deliver measurable results.
- Specifically, the project manager will manage end-to-end two flagship projects which are cross-cutting to the health section:
- Scale-up Oxygen support with dual-purpose in Primary and Secondary Health Centres in Nigeria; and
- The design, implementation and roll-out of the 3-Hubs model to improve vaccine logistics management countrywide.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Construction of plant house and concreate platform
- Installation and commissioning of PSA plants
- Data analysis and dissemination of report
- Develop states’ specific oxygen improvement plans
- Construction/Upgrade of cold stores in the 3-Hubs sites
- Commissioning of Cold stores in the 3-Hubs sites
- Final reports
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or Higher) in Health, Public Financial Management, Management, International Relations, or closely related field is required.
- A First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in management of projects within the national/international health sector
- Experience and knowledge of the Nigerian context will be an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization, or in a global health initiative (TGF, GAVI, GFF) or development bank is considered as an asset.
- Prior experience working in global health initiatives (Global Fund, GFF, GAVI) managing projects or programmes
- Fluency in English is required.
- Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Management of immunization related projects
- Health Systems Strengthening applications and programmes.
- introduction of innovations in complex contexts
- Project planning, implementation, management and Evaluation
- Common Technical Knowledge Required
- Project planning, implementation, management and Evaluation of Public health programmes Grant management, immunization and health systems strengthening.
- General knowledge of: Project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)- Field level contextual experience.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it.
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships [ 2]
- Demonstrates Self and Ethical Awareness [ 2]
- Drive to Achieve Impactful Results 
- Innovates and Embraces Changes [ 2]
- Works Collaboratively with Others [ 2]
- Thinks and Acts Strategically [ 2]
- Manages Ambiguity and Complexity [ 2].
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities.
- UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
- Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
- Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF.
- UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
|Job Category||Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|