Job Title: Project Manager – Promoting and Protecting Freedom of Religion and Belief in Nigeria” (PP-FORB Nigeria)
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project management: Facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan, which identifies sequences of activities needed to successfully implement the project and ensure project objectives are met; Review the project schedule with the line Manager and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required; In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll-out of detailed implementation plans at the State and National level.
- Convenings: Coordinate and arrange all logistics for various meetings, and workshops, including invitations, venue, participants travel and accommodation while working with the logistics team to ensure that logistical management for project implementation is provided in real time
- Budget tracking and management: Liaise with the finance team for continuous review of the budget and plan accordingly.
- Communications: Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Managing documentation and reports: Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured; Ensure donor reporting and any other report is done in a timely manner.
- Stakeholder management: Seek out opportunities to build partnership with religious actors and or organizations at state and national levels, and liaise government, civil society, security actors, donors, media, UN bodies, and the private sector as needed to further improve information in the reports.
- Program Communications: Liaise with the media team to enhance strategic communications and discussion to dispel hate speech and misinformation related to religious tensions, specifically FORB.
- Program Monitoring & Evaluation: In collaboration with DMEL team, coordinate the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation of all project activities; Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented.
- University degree in social sciences, Conflict and Peace Studies, Peacebuilding, Development Studies, Humanities, Media & Communications or related field is required.
- Masters degree in the aforementioned fields is desirable.
- Five years of relevant work experience and three years specific work experience in project management related to religious engagement is required.
- Ability to work individually, but also with experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with attention to detail and an orderly approach to tasks
- Strong analytical skills, including drafting reports and briefings
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must have a ‘hands-on’, practical mentality, be self-driven, and very motivated.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Prior experience in religious engagement, advocacy, liaison and collaboration with donors, partners, security agencies, relevant government agencies, security forces and media is desirable.
- Experience working on Freedom of Religion or Belief is a plus.
Other Relevant Competencies
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one’s own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest possibilities.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Focus on Quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively
- Adaptability: The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures and people).
To apply: Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal
Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation)
Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications received after the 30th September 2022 may not be considered.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|