KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria, is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, support health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, community structures and improving the quality of services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project M&E Officer
Vacancy Number: KN059
Reports to: The Central Project Coordinator.
The USAID Funded COVID-19 Vaccination Acceleration Project (1 Year)
- This project seeks to promote COVID-19 vaccine access, acceptability, and uptake, while strengthening adverse drug reaction feedback and timely response, by leveraging on the ongoing USAID-supported TB LON 1 & 2 project structures.
- This project has the primary objective of accelerating widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination to unvaccinated individuals at community and facility level in the seven selected USAID TB LON supported states (Anambra, Bauchi, Taraba, Cross River, Kano, Imo & Kaduna) in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES Strategy.
Position in the Organization
- The Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with the Central Project Coordinator and state Coordinators to provide technical direction on M&E issues, including research and evaluation.
- The M&E officer will provide guidance on how to use routinely collected data to monitor, evaluate, and report on the program in ways that will improve project performance.
- Hierarchically, the M&E Officer reports to the Central Project Coordinator.
- Work with state offices to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at the state levels. Provide related capacity building support to state teams.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to state offices and project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools; assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adhere to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provide technical assistance and training to the staff of state teams responsible for data entry and management.
- Monitor all intervention strategies to ensure timely and quality reporting.
- With technical assistance from state team lead, provide monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity building activities at the state level.
- Review periodic data reports collated from facilities
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Facilitate scale up of EMR, and AI tools for case finding, referral and treatment adherence
- Compile state level data reports, project results and evaluations studies
- Support State lead to draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly review meetings as well as DQ assessment
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly M&E reports including completion of COVID SCALES MER indicators for submission by Central Project CoordinatorPerform other additional duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of MB.BS / MD / Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Operations Research, Health Sciences or any other quantitative Social Sciences.
- An advanced qualification in Public Health, Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Social sciences, Demography, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or any other related field.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded health programs at least 3 years management experience in monitoring and evaluation of TB/HIV activities.
- Applied training in monitoring and evaluation, including research methods
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata or SAS.
- Strong working knowledge of public health systems and prior experience in managing or closely working with public health program at national level.
- Previous experience with USAID reporting requirements and HIV and TB–related indicators strongly desired.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills are required.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 21st April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via: [email protected] indicating the Job Position and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email and in their Cover Letter subject heading.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.