Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
In support of our work in Maiduguri Nigeria, we are recruiting a motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Officer (m/f/d) – National Position
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Start date: As soon as possible (preferably, May 2022)
Duration of contract: Till December 31st 2022 with possibilities of extension
- The Protection Officer will be responsible for the technical supervision and coordination of all Protection-related activities of Malteser Programme in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria.
- He/she will ensure that training and capacity building needs of field protection staff are timely addressed and that the protection services and activities meet quality standards in the sector.
- Ensure GBV survivors and those at risk of Gender Based Violence (GBV) are identified and receive individual support by ensuring standard tools and procedures are in place and adhered to by members while complying with the rules and regulations of Malteser International and donors
- Manage, provide training and technical support, and build the capacity of the full case management team
- Manage Malteser International’s Gender Based Violence (GBV) activities, Case Management activities interfacing with other program team members
- Document all GBV cases and other related activities well and establish a good filing system
- Contribute to regular internal and external donor reporting
- Ensure continuous and effective liaison and coordination with target communities (IDPs and Host) as well as local and government authorities and other stakeholders on case management and offer referrals of cases where necessary
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in Protection sector (including at least one year in a supervisory role)
- Strong technical knowledge in general protection (i.e., protection monitoring, case management, psychosocial support activities)
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good English skills (speaking and writing); knowledge of beneficiary languages (Kanuri, Shuwa and Hausa)
- Computer literaracy, especially in Microsoft Office packages.
Salary according to qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|