We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Policy Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Public Policy
- We are looking for a Public Policy Specialist to join Bolt’s team and help our regulatory and policy efforts in Nigeria.
- You will be the key point of contact for local teams, collating & informing the business about upcoming legislation, regulation, and administration.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Developing the network of stakeholders to support the team’s government affairs strategy
- Reviewing proposed legislation to assess its impact on business operations and offer feedback to legislators on possible amendments
- Researching and analysing laws, regulations, and policies to recommend changes that may improve efficiency or effectiveness
- Preparing talking points and briefing materials on key issues for stakeholder engagements
- Preparing written analyses of proposed legislation or other documents to determine their impact on specific verticals or general business operations
- Conducting research and providing information to support the overall business policy strategy and procedures
- Preparing briefs and other written materials needed for internal & stakeholder engagements
- Conducting surveys to members of the platform users to gather opinions about current issues affecting them, areas of growth
- Preparing reports that document the findings of research efforts, including data analysis and interpretation
- Drafting of Letters that reflect policy analysis and the position of the company to external stakeholders. Preparing reports and other documents as required by the team
- Maintaining the relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter, and safety organisations.
We are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in; either Public Policy, Political Science, Economics, Statistics or Business Administration, and/or LLM
- At least 5 years experience as a Public Policy Specialist/Analyst in related sectors, Policy Advocate, Lawyer doing Policy Advocacy & Reforms
- You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation, and administrative procedures
- Good political networks in some operational markets in the region are an advantage, but the ability to develop relationships and network is a requirement
- Excellent Writing Skills: Official Letters, Research Papers, Memos, Presentations articulating the company’s policy position
- Research: Policy specialists need to be able to research topics and issues to create effective policies. They need to be able to find information about the problem, the potential solutions, and the potential outcomes of each solution. This requires extensive research skills, including the ability to read and interpret data, evaluate sources and find information online
- Communication: As a policy specialist, you will be required to communicate with government officials, internal stakeholders and other stakeholders. Effective communication is important to convey your ideas and persuade others to support your initiatives and position
- Resourcefulness: As a policy specialist you should have the ability to source information in a credible and safe manner
- Analytical: As a policy specialist, you will be required to research and analyse data to create new policies or evaluate existing ones. Your analytical skills will help determine the impact of a policy and its effectiveness
- Problem-solving skills: As a policy specialist you should be able to identify issues, develop solutions and evaluate the success of your solutions. As a policy specialist, you may be responsible for creating and implementing policies that help to solve a business or operational problem
- Attention to detail: As a policy specialist you should have the ability to notice small changes and make adjustments accordingly. As a policy specialist, you will be required to review and edit draft regulations, and legal documents, so attention to detail is an important skill to have.
- It’s also important to have attention to detail when conducting research, as you will need to notice small changes in data or statistics.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Play a direct role in shaping the future of mobility.
- Impact millions of customers and partners in 500+ cities across 45 countries.
- Make your mark at one of the fastest-growing organisations in Europe.
- Work in fast-moving autonomous teams with some of the smartest people in the world.
- Accelerate your professional growth and enjoy unique career opportunities.
- Get a rewarding salary and stock option package that lets you focus on doing your best work.
- Enjoy health care coverage, extra vacation days, and plenty of other perks to help you be the best you.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|