Genesis Cinemas is the leading cinema chain of West Africa with 12 locations, 47 screens and over 4,700 seats in opeartion across Nigeria. GC is part of the Genesis Group, a Nigerian based conglomerate established in 1991 with its key focus on hospitality and entertainment with diverse interests in Restaurants, Hotels, Industrial Catering, Cinemas, Family Entertainment Centres and Facility Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumers, community, employees, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stockholders’ reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Updating and maintaining Web content.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, PR, Marketing, or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of working experience
- NIPR Certified
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategic plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with a strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Public Relation / Liaison / Arbitrator / Representative Jobs in Nigeria|