We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Specialist
Job ID: 2022-4779
Employment Status: Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- Jhpiego seeks a Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist for Nigeria on The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”.
- The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in 5 countries: Chad, DRC, Niger, Nigeria and Mali to implement an innovative approach for integrated supportive supervision (ISS) that includes collaborative improvement, training, a web-enabled supervision checklist, and supervision of supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care for integrated HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services for underserved population, as well as strengthen leadership and management skills among Ministry of Health staff for QI and improved integrated service delivery in health facilities and communities.
- The QI specialist will support quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Jigawa state and will work closely with the QI advisor to implement project activities, in coordination with the Ministry of Health and other government agencies.
- Provide technical assistance for quality improvement and leadership and management activities to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets.
- In collaboration with the QI Advisor support QI capacity-building activities (training and ongoing mentoring) for facility health workers and LGA and state coordinators using virtual and in-person methods as appropriate
- Support use of QI and L&M training curricula and tools as part of QI capacity-building activities and ongoing support of QI teams and MOH
- Provide onsite support and mentoring to project sites in the selected project region for quality improvement activities related to HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services.
- Support coordination and administration of virtual and/or in-person activities
- Moderate and manage communication via selected virtual platforms
- Contribute to preparation of program reports, communications and presentations.
- Work closely with the QI Project lead and Advisor to develop and maintain strong working relationships with MOHs, State GoN agencies, LGA and health facility stakeholders and involve them in this process.
- With the QI Advisor, represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to ministry of health officials, key stakeholders, and through meetings and presentations.
- Monitor project activities in Jigawa to ensure that they are on track and communicate regularly with the project management team about progress.
- Support the coordination of planned activities with relevant MoH department and other stakeholders, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of quality improvement, leadership and management.
- Support work plan development and reporting processes in close collaboration with the project team.
- Write and review project materials related.
- Collect data, review and ensure quality as related to QI activities and submit them to the central monitoring and evaluation advisor.
- Health professional (e.g. Doctor, Nurse, Midwife) with at least 5-6 years’ experience leading and implementing public health programs.
- Previous experience in quality improvement, capacity development, stakeholder engagement and program management.
- Previous experience working in HIV, TB and Malaria
- Strong familiarity with health system and HTM service delivery context in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, ministry of health officials and other partners
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria and especially Jigawa.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience working in INGO.
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office and data software.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
Monthly Gross Salary Range
- NGN670,000 – NGN770,000 Monthly
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
|Job Category||Analyst/ Quality Control, Specialist|