Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operating the VHF and HF radios, in accordance with the MSF security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects.
- Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules. Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary
- Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book. Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
- Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
- Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
- Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff.
- Literacy. Desirable Secondary education
- At least 1 year relevant work experience.
- Desirable work experience as radio operator in related jobs
- Essential basic knowledge on mathematics, mechanical, electronic principles
- Result and Quality oriented, Teamwork, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles and Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||RADIO OPERATIONS|