Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: React Native Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to add a passionate React Native developer to our product team. Day-to-day, you will work closely with the product team in Agile sprints, to develop new apps and maintain our current products.
- This is a long-term, full-time position. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- This is a highly coveted role as you will be working on one of our strategic mobile apps used by millions of customers and thousands of partners within the fastest growing marketplace in Sub-saharan Africa. You will also be working within a cross-disciplinary team comprised of Backend services engineers, Product designers, Data experts, Geo-Spatial experts etc.
- Build apps from their infancy.
- Implement pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms (IOS, Android).
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Collaborate with the backend team and QA in order to reach milestones in time.
Must Have Skills and Experiences
- Prior experience with complete app releases in app stores.
- Fluency in English (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing).
- A firm grasp on version control (Git).
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 years experience with React Native and a sound understanding of mobile nuances.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with Redux.
- Prior experience coding in React ecosystem.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Creative mindset.
- Handsome salary with respect to your geolocation and experience.
- Freedom to choose your workplace (as long as the video and audio call quality is satisfactory).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.