About The Company
Black Pen’s ethos is to consistently deliver honest, informed immigration and recruitment solutions through effective communication and comprehensively understanding our client’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Crypto Compliance Officer (Cryptocurrency / Fintech)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time | Remote
Industry: Financial Services
- Are you an experienced Crypto Compliance Officer? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
- Our client, is looking to hire a Regional Crypto Compliance Officer to join their exciting remote team.
- The Regional Compliance Officer is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities of ensuring global compliance for our client by measuring Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives; and providing guidance and support to both internal stakeholders and external Partners.
- Drive execution and ongoing improvement of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures the Global Compliance program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts (legal, engineering, client services, product development, law enforcement, partners) to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyses internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risks in fiat money and cryptocurrency .
- Communicates policy goals for areas of expertise, ensuring application across the Group.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met and remediated where required.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business and engineering through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Third Party Vendor due diligence and Compliance Review activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Partners within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with regulatory and policy expectations.
- Provides both internal as well as Partner and employee Compliance training.
- Facilitates internal audit, independent audit and regulatory queries and duties.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications (CAMS, CFE, Audit)in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-Secondary Degree in Compliance, Risk, Finance, Legal or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- Fluent French and English are essential for this role, as is a willingness to travel across your assigned region as necessary.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience within the financial services industry or cryptocurrency/fintech industry.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred outside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and external partners/third party vendors.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of remittance or cryptocurrency type business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with and resolve Partner Compliance complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only CVs in English will be considered.
- If you are interested in the position, apply today.