NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity. NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement - all grounded in learning science - to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Manager
Location: South South, Nigeria
Reports to: The Schools Director
About the Role
- Schools ensure efficient management through an organizational structure that divides schools into regions within a territory, and oversight of a region to one Regional Manager.
- Each Regional Manager is responsible for the management and professional development of Supervisors.
- A Supervisor is responsible for the support and professional development of a group of schools; Supervisors report to a Regional Manager who in turn is responsible for the success of that school region or territory.
- Supervisors are in schools each day, providing ongoing mentorship, feedback, and on-going group and personal training.
- They also engage with all stakeholders of the schools under their care, including government officials, parents, and community groups as may be required.
- Their role is the nexus of all that we do, ensuring the implementation and results of our overall programing, integrating school management, leadership & development of school staff, instructional design and technology.
- Using big data that provides visibility into everyday teaching practices and school management, they work with school staff to improve performance – with the goal of pupil performance and character development in mind – and provide feedback on core programming to our design teams.
- In your role, you will lead your team of supervisors in relentlessly pursuing excellence through their School leaders, and achieving their learning, operational, and school strength outcomes.
- You will provide oversight and mentoring to supervisors so that they can succeed in their oversight and mentoring for School leaders.
- You will hold each supervisor accountable in meeting their targets, while ensuring that they have the management skills to support achievement of their School leaders and school goals.
- You will also use big data to provide targeted feedback, coaching to individuals on your team. Their success is your success.
- This team is laser focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, and is excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are:
- A team player
- Hyper-focused on results
- Flexible in a dynamic environment
- Have fun while working hard.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for the success of schools and all Supervisors, including all aspects of learning outcomes, school management, and community and parent engagement.
- Ensure each Supervisor delivers on their oversight of schools and individual KPIs. Their schools should deliver the promise of learning and holistic development for children, and have a strong and high-performing cohort of teachers.
- Provide Supervisors with day to day oversight, guidance and coaching. This includes facilitating regular touchpoints with supervisors, reading and responding to reports submitted by the supervisors, and providing feedback on their work.
- Provide Supervisors with all training necessary for their success, including their onboarding, professional development, and “train the trainer” sessions for content that supervisors need to deliver to their School leaders.
- Use data from multiple sources, including your own field visits, quality assurance audits, and big data on school staff behavior, and lead supervisors to improve their oversight, mentoring and professional development for School leaders.
- Coach supervisors in their use of data to provide data-driven oversight and guidance for school leaders, and creation of Supervisor route plans.
- Be in schools 80% of the time, observing Supervisors and providing feedback after on ways the supervisor can further support the School leader and/or teachers.
- Work with relevant government stakeholders in all matters affecting the success and sustainability of schools such as school registration, etc.
- When observing or holding meetings, use rubrics or other documents to support structured observation and reporting.
- Support specific school events, including collaborating on programming for such events as school opening celebrations, parent teacher conferences and school closing celebrations, as well as community showcases and participation on co-curricular competitions.
- Through Supervisors, ensure school staff and students are prepared to sit in government-proctored exams, as they may occur on a termly basis, and with particular attention to national examinations.
- Through Supervisors, ensure school strength and support enrollment efforts.
- Through Supervisors, ensure local regulatory processes are followed, including environmental & social standards, as well as national regulations.
- Through Supervisors, ensure that leadership & development sessions are delivered to schools during the course of the school year, and during induction training for new staff. Supervisors should use the materials and programming developed by the Leadership & Development team.
- Work with the Leadership & Development team and L&D Manager to provide, facilitate on-going professional development for School leaders through Supervisors.
- Through Supervisors, support schools through transition of staff, including school leaders and teachers.
- Supervise budget and optimization, prevent fraud and ensure financial discipline among Supervisors.
- Guide Supervisors in developing a clear travel plan and workflow for each week.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Should Have:
- Undergraduate Degree (or its equivalent)
- Proven management and leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective
- Proven experience managing field-based teams
- Experience in mentorship and coaching of youth and adults
- Management of education based teams a plus
- Belief in data-driven decision making
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills.
A detailed doer:
- You have a track record of getting things done.
- You’re organized and responsive.
- You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details.
- Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
A networking mastermind:
- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates.
- You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech.
- You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation.
- Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
A creative problem-solver:
- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges.
- On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems.
- You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
A relentless advocate:
- The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind.
- You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future).
- You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like.
- Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
A malleable learner:
- You believe you can always do better.
- You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others.
- You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
A curious investigator:
- You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it.
- You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different.
- You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Managerial Jobs in Nigeria, Regional|