Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Technical Advisor, Data Use and Quality Improvement, Data.FI
Requisition ID: req14665
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Our Data, Informatics, and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) group is made of three portfolios that strengthen and harness digital and data ecosystems to accelerate development investments and outcomes: 1- Information Systems, 2- Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics and 3- Digital Solutions and Transformation.
- We are seeking a Regional Technical Advisor to support the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) Project. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
- The Regional Technical Advisor, Data Use and Quality Improvement will provide technical backstopping to country programs in the area of data use and quality improvement to strengthen government initiatives to prevent and control HIV and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is supervised by the Senior Technical Advisor, Data Use.
- We are hiring to fill two positions- one based in in Palladium’s Washington, DC office and one located in one of Palladium’s offices in Africa including South Africa, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Kenya.
You and Your Career:
- If you have exceptional facilitation skills, proven expertise in quality improvement, deep familiarity with PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) indicators, demonstrated capacity building and mentoring expertise, a keen understanding of health systems in Africa, and an interest in using data to improve health outcomes, we are interested in hearing from you.
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!.
Reporting and Supervision:
- This position will report to the Senior Technical Advisor, Data Use
- The position will entail up to 25% regional travel within Africa dependent on funding and COVID-19 restrictions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Regional Technical Advisor, Data Use and Quality Improvement will provide technical assistance to teams implementing data use and quality improvement initiatives at central, regional and district levels in the African Region. Specific responsibilities are:
- Lead and facilitate regular data review with counterparts in government, partner organizations and project teams designed to solicit feedback on bottlenecks and identify barriers to performance, implementing or strengthening QI and data use initiatives in the areas of HIV prevention and treatment, COVID-19 response, and vaccine deployment
- Design, plan and deliver on activities, particularly those related to improving health outcomes by supporting program improvement actions and data-informed strategic planning
- Use QI tools to develop and institutionalize processes for data review and analysis within Ministries of Health designed to articulate priority questions of interest and identify public health challenges, gain new insights, and make recommendations for improvement accordingly
- In collaboration with data engineers and visualization specialists, support the development of compelling data visualization products (dashboards and standard analyses) for use by government and other stakeholders to monitor performance against established targets for improved resource allocation and corrective action
- Support capacity building in data analysis and interpretation with government stakeholders to identify root causes of performance problems and collaboratively engage in corrective action planning with stakeholders
- Liaise with project stakeholders to plan, implement and review activities across the region for work planning and reporting purposes. Mentor staff, including the Data.FI/Palladium Data Use Advisors in African buy-ins, and supervise consultants as needed
- Participate in the development and review of training materials and facilitation guides related to data use and quality improvement for utilization at the national and sub-national levels
- Work with the Data.FI Communications team to produce regular data use briefs, blogs, and materials for dissemination
- Contribute to proposal development through contributions to strategy, partnerships and written contributions to the technical approach and capability statements.
Key Competencies Required:
- Experience in HIV/AIDS programming and PEPFAR MER indicators and/or in COVID-19
- Working knowledge of and interest in health information systems and data analysis and use
- Deep experience in quality improvement and/or promoting data demand and use in a global health context
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment and discipline
- Willingness to think outside the box, approach challenges with creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a global team with a high degree of drive, initiative and autonomy
- Prior experience of working in a fast-paced, solution-focused and dynamic workplace, with expert skills in multi-tasking
- Ability to work cross-culturally with flexibility across time zones, accommodating meeting times beyond the regular workday when required
- Ability to travel regionally throughout Africa, up to 25%
- Professional oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to consolidate learnings and synthesize findings for impact among diverse audiences.
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Advanced technical skills in a Data.FI strategic area: digital health, data governance, collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) or local partner capacity building and transition
- Fluency in French
- Current use of project management software.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Data Analyst/Data Management/Database Administrator/Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria|