Save the Children is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safeguarding Officer
Ref No: 220008SS
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: Safeguarding
Post Type: National
Reports to: Program Manager,
Matrix report: Safeguarding Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
About Save the Children: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
- Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Gender, Child Protection, Human Rights, Humanitarian Action, Anthropology, Development, Conflict or related degree
- 2 – 3 years experience in child safeguarding, child protection, PSEA, SGBV or MEAL issues and practice, within humanitarian or insecure settings, including leading or participating in investigations.
- Direct or indirect experience of child protection practice, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
- Knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Nigeria Child Rights Acts, VAPP Act, child protection and GBV policies and practice as well as current issues in relation to safeguarding of beneficiaries in the Nigeria context.
- Good data management, data analysis, computer literacy and excellent documentation and report writing skills in English are a must.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information as well as facilitate training to a wide and diverse audience.
- Ability to foster and maintain strategic alliances across multiple stakeholders;
- Willingness to travel to and work in hard-to-reach areas; Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of assisting in the development of local procedures, SoPs, manuals and guidance on safeguarding, PSEA and Safe Programming.
- Experience on facilitation and coordination of training and workshop.
- Experience in conducting assessment, monitoring and report writing.
- Practical experience in the participation of children on the intervention of program activities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Pidgin.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2022.
|Job Category||Safety Officer Jobs in Nigeria|