Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Assistant
Location: Damboa / Askira Uba – Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
Job type: Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Working Condition: 100% Field Location
About Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative: Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI) is a Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization, founded in 2014 and incorporated with the Nigerian Government (Corporate Affairs Commission) in 2015 (CAC/IT/No 83231) to provide humanitarian assistance, in terms of emergency and Capacity building, social development and empowerment to eradication poverty and the fear of want. It has since its inception, been strategizing, collaborating, and interfacing with relevant stakeholders toward enhancing the individual’s ability to break free from poverty or bounce back in times of crisis.
- A Higher National Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Security Operations and Management / Criminology / Disaster Management / Public Administration / International relations / Business Administration / Education – Languages or a field related to humanitarian work. A Bachelor’s Degree in a similar field will be added advantage.
- Mandatory Computer use skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet)
- Must have completed NYSC service or have an exception certificate
- Training in First Aid and Fire Safety.
- Relevant security management certifications will be added advantage
- Basic Mapping or GIS skills
- Disaster management and response training/ certification.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Capacity and willingness to base at DHCBI field locations.
- Strong report-writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Very good interpersonal skills, particularly in networking, and working with communities, local civil society and local authorities.
- Good understanding and knowledge in the application of do-no-harm, conflict sensitivity principles and DHCBI standards and ethics for protection work.
- Good understanding of protection concerns, including GBV, PSEA and AAP issues in displacement, human rights, and international humanitarian law.
- Experience working in north-eastern Nigeria, preferably Borno State.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to DHCBI’s mission, values and policies
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DHCBI do not solicit fee from interested jobseekers. Please note that DHCBI will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- DHCBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DHCBI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, colour, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2023.
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, Safety Officer Jobs in Nigeria|