Save the Children is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Officer
Ref No: 2200050V
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Team: Safety and Security
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
About Save the Children: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A clear understanding of the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with field level , national and international institutions
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in complex and insecure settings
- Well organised with ‘people skills’
- Ability and willingness to travel within Cross-River, Benue and Taraba states in Nigeria is essential.
- Demonstrable network of contacts within Nigeria
- Computer literate – Able to use Microsoft office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and spoken English leading to the ability to produce a high standard of both written and oral work
- Ability to analyse information
- The ability to work harmoniously in a multi-national / multi-cultural environment.
- The ability to work independently, multi-task and anticipate problems
- Ability to speak the local languages is an advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Background training and service in any security service.
- Values and Critical Competencies
- An understanding of the Humanitarian Principles
- Active listener
- Capable of displaying Leadership
- Self-reliant, reliable
- Clear understanding of Decision, Action, Consequence.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2022.
|Job Category||Safety Officer Jobs in Nigeria|