We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Security Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
- The Safety and Security Officer will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures for the ANRiN project with the support of the Safety and Security Manager.
Dimensions of the Role
- This will involve, but not limited to: promoting a culture of security; security incident reporting; security guard oversight and management; monitoring and analysing the security situation in the state of implementation and other neighboring states, supporting the development and implementation of Security related Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Niger locations.
- The scope of responsibility is for both Plan International and all authorised visitors.
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Regular attendance at relevant security meetings and forums in Niger state.
- Report on security incidents/threats to Security Manager be on a regular basis (including analysis of trends).
- Effective networking with the military in different field locations across the state.
- Managing and maintaining effective use of security communication equipment to support colleagues deployed to Plan International locations across Niger state.
- Performing location assessment for Plan International in Niger.
- Managing and facilitating staff/partners’ movements from Minna to other locations in Niger state.
- Supporting visitors with post arrival briefing
- Providing pre-alert to Security Manager on prospective security issues
- Ensure general staff safety and security in Niger state.
- Deploy step down training under the guidance of the Security Manager
- Gathering vital information and intelligence for Security Manager’s use
- Ensure compliance of all SoPs such as office access SoP, movement SoP, curfew SoP, staff relation-community SoP
- Providing weekly situation report for the Security Manager
- Providing monthly incident report to the Security Manager
- Managing security information and communication effectively
- Drive hibernation and relocation when the context changes
- Continuously suggest safety and security infrastructure required for different locations according to emerging threat
- Manage and supervise guard force in the office premises.
- Ensure access management into Plan International offices and premises.
- Obtain daily travel report affecting Plan International staff in their location of duty
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Security Manager.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications and work experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in occupational security and health & safety operations
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex and varied workloads, often to tight deadlines, in a dynamic, fragile and multi-cultural setting
- Ability to guide staff with limited security capacity
- Ability to predict and respond to security threats/incidents
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and trouble-shooting skills including negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record of undertaking similar assignments
- Strategic and critical skills – but also focused on operational results and ‘getting things done’
- Commitment to continuous learning; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in security
- Able to work independently but also collaborate closely within teams
- Ability to establish and sustain strong working relationships with Plan colleagues and in the broader Nigeria community/context
- Culturally and socially sensitive.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Safety Officer Jobs in Nigeria|