The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Schools Programme Manager, Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Damataru – Yobe, Lagos, Kano, Borno, Yola – Adamawa or Port Hacourt – Rivers
Pay Band: 7
Contract Type: Two Years with possibility of extension
Department: Cultural Engagement
- The post holder will be responsible for implementation of projects in Schools in Nigeria funded by British Council and other partners or clients in compliance with British Council policies and procedures.
- Could also play a leadership role on a specific component of a larger project or programme.
Main Accountabilities (but not limited to the following):
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities, and main duties:
- Oversee the delivery of new regional Schools Digital progamme in Nigeria (as part of the global programme in this area)
- Ensure successful closure of Connecting Classrooms and any legacy work in Nigeria under this programme
- Holds delivery partners to account including supply chain management where applicable.
- Communicates internally and externally about a project’s success/challenges and lessons learned.
- Manage and control the agreed budget, expenditure and income against plans, ensure accuracy of reports and ensure sound financial management and analysis across the portfolio through monthly finance reviews and quarterly business reviews.
- Ensures that every project/programme is compliant with all internal policies and processes (for example safeguarding, EDI, supply change management, social value and conflict sensitivity).
- Contributes to development of, owns and delivers, the Programme Management Plan
- Identifies risks in a project or programme and puts together mitigation strategies with SRO.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Foundation level Project Management qualification (in-house training or evidence of CPD in this area could be considered)
- Experience of managing multi country or large in-country programmes that have met project closure and audit standards.
- Knowledge/ and or experience of working with at least two types of funding sources within a structured compliance regime.
- Experience of client management, partner management and/or contract management.
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing projects or managing aspects of programmes.
- Significant experience of managing projects/programmes
- Experience of managing dispersed teams.
- Good understanding and experience of schools education in Nigeria.
- C1 English.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022 (23:59 Nigeria Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Role could require some domestic and international travel as required by the programme and some out of hours and evening work responding to or driven by programme / portfolio needs.
|Job Category||Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|