International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
About International Institute of Tropical Agriculture: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- National Diploma in Intelligence and Security Management or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Have good leadership qualities with a mature outlook and integrity.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a balanced sense of judgment.
- Have experience in security supervisory cadre, security and safety training on crime prevention, access and egress control.
- Have experience in loss prevention, industrial first aid, fire risk survey and control in industries.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.