The Senior Financial Analyst will coordinate and participate in the design, testing, implementation, and review of complex manual and automated financial and accounting systems and processes.
- Assigns and evaluates the work of accounting and systems analysts, and program staff regarding development or modification of financial and accounting systems.
- May assist with performance evaluations of accounting and systems analysts and programming staff.
- Reviews complex financial accounting work processes, systems, and procedures for efficient workflow and conformity with accounting principles.
- Reviews the internal controls and security of all automated accounting applications to ensure conformity with auditing standards.
- Gathers and compiles information on processes, organizational structure, computer technology, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzes and reviews proposals for any system related to financial accounting methods, policies, and procedures; recommends improvements.
- Analyzes system design alternatives and identifies potential improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to gather input and feedback concerning system needs.
- Resolves issues and problems related to system platforms.
- Maintains or assists with maintenance of accounting information systems.
- Manages and/or facilitates the procurement, development, and implementation of qualified systems.
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive evaluations, proposals, and recommendations to executive leadership, committees, and other stakeholders.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of specifications and technical documentation such as user manuals for new and revised computerized accounting systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in computer and database development.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7 to 9 years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst OR valid Certified Public Accountant certificate with at least three years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|