Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Gender Adviser
Vacancy Number: 100
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit: The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, Law, Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- At least 7 years’ experience (including field experience) providing technical leadership for the design and implementation of development programmes focused on advancing gender equality and inclusion
- Strong understanding of gender equality and inclusion principles and practices, the gender equality and social justice sector and key gender inequalities impacting women in Northern Nigeria
- Significant experience in designing and delivering gender equality and inclusion training, capacity building, and mentoring, and a demonstrated ability to make complex concepts compelling and accessible
- Track record in designing and pitching gender transformative and inclusive approaches, models and programs, piloting, implementation and evaluation of innovative technical tools and resources to advance gender equality in traditional settings and in plural legal systems.
- Skilled at networking and partnership development to promote learning and strengthening civil society.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for transforming the root causes of social injustice, harmful gender norms/practices and exclusion/ discrimination
- Strong understanding/experience with gender mainstreaming, gender integration, women’s rights, or women empowerment within the conflict context.
- Proven project management expertise.
- Ability to think strategically and drive project implementation.
- Ability to work in a complex and slow-paced environment and manage multiple work streams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural competencies (Knowledge of the cultures and traditions of people in the North East of Nigeria).
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, communications, and research capabilities.
- Ability to travel regularly within Northern Nigeria (Adamawa, Borno and Abuja).
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “Vacancy No. 100” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.