Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Governance Advisor and Office Administrator
Vacancy Number: 102
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit: The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
- A University Degree in Political Science, Law, Economics, Sociology, Public Administration or other relevant Social Science field. A Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- 7 years of relevant experience in the international development sector with specific thematic focus on democracy, civic participation, and governance reform.
- Knowledge and experience working in North-East Nigeria. Extensive work with government actors in Adamawa State is a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with key regional, state and local government level political, top administrative and traditional leaders & actors in Adamawa State.
- Knowledge & familiarity with the political and administrative structure and systems in Adamawa State.
- Knowledge of North-East Nigeria security context – the actors, challenges, current and previous efforts by state and non-state actors.
- Familiar with International development and humanitarian actors working in the State including CSO’s and CSO networks.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and development nexus especially as it applies to north-east Nigeria.
- Hands-on project management experience and ability to efficiently manage numerous activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments.
- Knowledge of office, finance & admin as well as fleet management.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “Vacancy No. 102” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.