We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate and Regulatory Compliance
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About The Job
- The Senior Counsel Corporate & Regulatory as a member of the legal team is responsible for legal advice on regulatory matters, delivering on all significant corporate transactions involving the business and is a key member of the incident crises management team.
- The Senior Counsel is an expert on CMS (Contract Management Tool) for managing transactions and ensuring business wide compliance with targets on Template Use and Approval systems.
- Conduct legal and corporate due diligence for property acquisitions and development projects and handle the legal aspects of development projects.
- Negotiate, review, and standardize procurement contracts.
- Support execution of strategic business projects.
- Protect the company’s interests by ensuring statutory compliances, mitigating legal risks and exposures thus safeguarding the company’s reputation.
- Support partner functions with initiatives & trainings to strengthen capability on negotiation / contracts management.
- Share expertise with leadership team and provide advice and guidance on legal matters.
- Manage legal risk through negotiations, drafting and execution of contracts and other legal documents; and Transformation departments (Partner Functions).
- Provide strategic and practical legal advice to Partner Functions and leadership team.
- Collaborate with partner functions to evaluate policies to promote compliance with legal requirements and group policies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law; and Qualification as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
- 10+ years of related professional work experience
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and influence employees at all levels to build a culture of high integrity and compliance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Compliance Jobs in Nigeria, Legal / Law Enforcement jobs in Nigeria, Operations and Corporate Services Jobs in Nigeria