African Union (AU) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal – Dispute Settlement (AfCFTA)
Requisition ID: 1659
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Dispute settlement and legal affairs Director
Directorate/Department : Dispute settlement and legal affairs Directorate (AfCFTA)
Number of Direct Reports: 6
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P5
Contract Type: Regular
About African Union (AU): The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Law (Public International Law, Law of International Organizations) with Twelve (12) years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience in the field of legal.
- Seven (7) of these years should be at senior management level and five (5) should involve a supervisory role
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- High degree of independence, maturity and initiative
- Ability to handle challenging questions and difficult stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Be flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2023.
|Job Category||Diplomacy / Legal Affairs / International Relations Jobs in Nigeria, Legal / Law Enforcement jobs in Nigeria|