Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Response Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of all activities related to asset management, facility management, fleet management, warehousing, logistics quality control.
- Supervise logistics and warehouse staff, fleet, drivers and facilities staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide technical logistics oversight in Maiduguri and deep field officers over all logistics related activities, processes, and procedures.
- Overall management of warehouse ensuring all SOPs related to receiving of goods, storing, and dispatching are adhered to.
- Ensure proper warehouse management including storage space, condition, and general maintenance. Prepare and submit Humanitarian Cargo Movement in accordance with UNOCHA, Logistics sector and government forces regulations.
- Coordinate with vendors in ensuring timely delivery of goods from Maiduguri to various field locations and vice versa while managing time sensitive information such as availability of convoys
- Ensure maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as vehicles and generators and all other technical items using either petrol or diesel to maximize efficiency and ensure regular maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring asset management and updating asset list as required. Working closely with field Coordinators in ensuring all items classified as assets are properly tagged and documented for accountability.
- Coordinate logistics related requests from various field offices in a timely manner and providing feedback solutions within the shortest time possible.
- Assist with the bidding process by providing support for procurement transactions, analyzing them for conformity to specified requirements; assist in conducting appraisals and supplier selection in conformance to FHI360 standards.
- Maintain a close relationship with Procurement and Finance unit to ensure that payments are processed promptly and accurately. Maintain a tracker for all logistics related contracts and MoUs.
- Actively represent FHI 360 in the logistics sector meetings and other partners and stakeholders’ forum and articulate points in a manner that achieves results.
- Prepare and submit fuel and maintenance reports of vehicles and equipment Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BS / BA Degree in Procurements and Logistics related field with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS / MA degree in Business Admin or related field with 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Advance knowledge of humanitarian Logistics procedures especially in NE Nigeria is an advantage.
- Experience using ERP software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Extensive experience in NE Nigeria humanitarian context highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria