Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organizational expansion:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL)
Job ID: sfh-85632
Category: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Type: Full-time
- An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen.
- You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment.
- We are a truly Nigerian rooted organization with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative – and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
- The Senior Manager – MERL will provide strategic and operational support for SFH MERL strategies and strengthening the evidence base for programmatic activity.
- S/he will develop and implement robust monitoring, evaluation and learning, support monitoring of programme implementation, and lead organisation-wide efforts to reflect on performance and learning to inform continual programme improvements.
- They will promote the results of the programs, disseminate evidence and results, and identify strategic opportunities to transfer knowledge to multiple stakeholders at project and country levels.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership in MERL and foster a culture of innovation and learning through routine reflection of project performance, identification of lessons learned, and use of evidence to inform programming decisions to maximize SFH activity results and impact
- Manage and ensure technical rigor of activity-wide MERL approaches, including management and support to project MERL teams
- Guides and collaborates with Project/Programme MERL leads to develop MERL strategies for programme activities based on result frameworks.
- Provides oversight for the collection of and reporting on impact, output, outcome and program management indicators by the programme teams
- Develops the MERL structure and systems, in collaboration with programme leads, to facilitate and ensure all teams collect and report on impact, output, outcome, and programme management indicators. This includes standardised reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation for the activity, and integrating performance data into programme management and adaption plans
- Leads the design and operation of the MERL systems for data capture, data management, data analysis and use, and reporting across all SFH programmes
- Regularly reviews data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed
- Leads development of the learning agenda and strategy in collaboration with the clients, partners, program managers, and technical leads
- Analyses data and results across programmes for benchmarking and to identify trends and outliers
- Provides thought leadership on the analysis, synthesis and sharing of project results and evidence, and work closely with technical, communications and knowledge management staff and partners to communicate information in compelling ways
- Participates in strategic planning and work planning meetings.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Research Methods or related field preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in the development and implementation of MERL frameworks, systems, and processes for complex international development programmes
- Experience working on M&E methods for health programs.
- Proven capacity to communicate data in accessible and engaging ways – experience in innovative visualization of results highly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in data utilization strategies and ability to identify innovative data sharing techniques.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Solid analytical skills and ability to use MS Office, SPSS/STATA, qualitative analysis packages, and MS Excel.
- Experience with MERL systems (such as DHIS2 or other platforms)
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Supervision and coordination of MERL activities across multiple staff
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues from a diverse set of partners in both public and private sectors.
- Experience managing complex MERL programs required
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.