Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- Supports activities related to the procurement of materials, parts and equipment for the company.
- Submits and process purchase orders as authorized, following policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- Assists with monitoring departmental costs, schedules and performance to ensure approval and payment of transactions completion.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists for department.
- Assists with developing bid specifications.
- Reviews requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.
- Approves bills for payment and calculates costs of orders and forwards invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors.
- Checks shipments to ensure orders are filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers.
- Maintains documentation of purchase orders and verifies invoices for payment with accounting.
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure purchasing activities within functional areas are met and comply with government regulations and company procedures.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
- Supervises preparation of orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders. Checks and approves invoices for orders placed.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- Manages purchasing logistics pertaining to relocations of company expatriate employees’ household goods and personal owned vehicles.
- Monitors budget to ensure policies are adhered to and no overages occur with allowable expenses for employees.
- Authorizes and approves invoices pertaining to relocation expenses.
- Serves as point of contact regarding custom regulations with US and International imports, exports, international commerce, visa’s, and work permit requirements.
- Conducts internal audits with accounts payable to show compliance with company purchasing policies.
- Receives, examines and processes requisitions and other documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials, and equipment for the company.
- Compares costs and evaluates the quality, and need of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Interacts and corresponds with vendors to keep abreast of new products and market trends.
- Consults with department managers to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Analyzes purchasing trends to determine best practices and cost for the company.
- Assists with the training and developing of policies and procedures for staff and functional areas.
- Inventories equipment, assist with filtering equipment throughout the asset management life cycle and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition.
- Other duties as required.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of company policies and standards for procurement services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office and computer software skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are complex in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Provides guidance to departmental areas.
- Serves as point of contact for Country Offices regarding purchasing logistics for relocations.
- May serve as a team lead to other staff.
- Supervision requirements are limited to financial signature authority assigned by management.
- Typically reports to a Manager or Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent in Business Administration, Procurement or any related field.
- Typically requires not less than 7+ years of procurement and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Certification in procurement preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Procurement Jobs in Nigeria|