Job Title: Senior Program Officer, CityWide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS)
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
What You’ll Do
- Make and manage a broad and inter-connected portfolio of grants, investments and relationships.
- Build, develop and cultivate relationships with key Africa regional platforms, public sector officials, private service operators, technical and financial partners, and community and civil society organizations.
- Support grantee and partner efforts to work with governments to mainstream and institutionalize key sanitation approaches and frameworks within municipal, sub-national and national service systems.
- Design new investments and forge new partnerships to fill gaps within the portfolio, including investments focused on integrating sanitation with urban resilience and climate resilience agendas.
- Collaborate to advance the overarching WSH strategy in Sub-Saharan Africa, including contributions to the market adoption of transformative technologies as a key lever to accelerate safely managed sanitation.
- Work at the interface between service delivery, policy and financing for urban inclusive sanitation, working with a range of financial and technical partners to support government-led systems change.
- As a senior member of the Africa Regional Office and WSH teams, support the shaping and execution of the WSH regional strategy, whilst integrating WSH within regional engagement plans.
- Take part in the broader global WSH strategy, working within an inter-connected team where strong coordination is essential.
- Further linkages, cross-learning opportunities and peer exchange across regions and countries in order to disseminate useful urban sanitation service delivery lessons.
- Engage in frequent communications and build relationships with government officials at various levels, with a focus on service delivery authorities.
- Commitment to foundation Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) goals, and demonstrated track record of furthering DEI objectives in previous work experience.
- Travel up to 25% of time.
- Master’s degree in WSH science, engineering, economics, business, government, urban planning, social science or closely related field or Bachelor’s degree with substantial relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of experience with increased senior leadership responsibilities in planning and managing urban basic service delivery systems, systems change and data systems strengthening, utility management, and/or economic regulation, ideally including sanitation.
- Experience working with or for the public sector in a municipal government, utility, regulatory agency or ministry responsible for urban service delivery and/or WASH services.
- Strong working understanding of financing modalities for urban basic services, including investment planning, tariff setting, etc. within complex and fragmented/decentralized institutional and regulatory environments
- Experience working with and facilitating a broad range of stakeholders and development partnerships on the African continent; comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic and operational situations, demonstrating culturally sensitive behavior with a diverse range of people.
- Proven track record in driving public sector systems change, including strengthening required data systems to set benchmarks, targets and service improvement plans.
- Strong analytical skills; Creative problem solver with a tenacious focus on achieving results.
- Data driven, partner focused, naturally curious, and willingness to span from strategy development to execution
- Comfortable with role ambiguity, working in a fast-paced environment, frequent travel and navigating large complex organizations.
- Effective communicator who can passionately articulate the vision and inspire collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong ability to coordinate complex projects; ability to collaborate across functions and geographies and transition projects to other colleagues successfully.
- Excellent relationship management, facilitation and conflict resolution skills; confident and comfortable working with senior government officials, private sector service providers, international development partners and community organization.
- Excellent technical writing, communication and presentation skills in both French and English.
- Experience in policy implementation at a national/ministerial level
- Experience working within a development finance institution
- Experience working within a philanthropic or grant-making organization
- Subject matter expertise on urban resilience and climate change
- Experience working with gender equity initiatives
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|