Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Risk Manager – Business Assurance
Purpose of the Job
- Ensure that the company’s Governance, Risk Management and Business Continuity Management processes are operating effectively.
- Champion the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the Company.
- Lead the performance of the annual Enterprise Risk Assessment process
- Ensure there are skills and understanding of risk management, risk appetite and risk governance.
- Identify and report on emerging risk trends.
- Ensure that processes are in place to facilitate the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, and controlling of risks in the Company.
- Provide Management with practical, cost-effective recommendations for mitigating risks as discussed with business and process owners.
- Promote risk awareness and provide education and training on risk management.
- Conduct company-wide Risk and Control Self-Assessment and develop and maintain a comprehensive Risk Register.
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk treatments and related control activities.
- Drive the annual review and update of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Enhance FMN’s ability to respond to business disruption consistently and effectively.
- Communicate regularly with leadership and ensuring consistent reporting of business continuity risks and compliance against identified controls.
- Adopt a business partnering perspective, influencing key stakeholders to strengthen the BCP and resilience programme engagement; ensuring that the capability and resources directed to resilience is proportionate to the business risk profile.
- Develop and implement business wide systems and processes for managing business continuity.
- Monitor and consult with stakeholders and senior leaders in the business on the efficacy of policy, minimum standards and any developed tools and resources.
- Ensure existence & maintenance of Corporate, Business Unit and Functional BCPs to standard required to pass internal & external audits.
- Liaising with Technical and Business product owners to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey business needs/expectations.
- Ensuring regular testing (at least annually) of Corporate, Business Units and Functional BCPs, by leading or coordinating said exercises.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the topic of BCM (i.e. provide advice, training, consultancy) for Countries and Group function.
- Assist in the response to significant disruptive events.
- 5 ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English in not more than 2 sitting.
- First Degree / HND in Accounting, Sciences or Engineering.
- Professional Certification – Certified by the Business Continuity Institute, Risk Management Certification
- MBA will be a plus.
- 7 years cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have good analytical & critical thinking ability.
- Have a high level of concentration and patience.
- Have strong time management skills.
- Be meticulous and be able to pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online