Position Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Health Informatics
Supervisor: Director, Technical
The STA Health Informatics under the supervision of Director, Technical will assist the development, implementation, supervision and data use of all United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded grant’s electronic information systems at facility, community, state and country office levels. S/he will ensure that all electronic information systems meet intended reporting and data output requirements for donors and GoN. S/he will provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a systematic data analysis process of data outputs from the electronic information systems, carrying out advanced data analysis and preparing data analysis products for presentation and reporting.
S/he will also provide technical leadership for the hard coding of software applications and assisting other members of the programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
In-depth understanding of software development and proficiency in developing software applications in either Java, PHP, C# or C++ programming languages and implementation of SQL based database platforms. Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, and other health programming in developing countries. Working knowledge of M & E, research, and surveillance Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance. Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management or relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology and related disciplines with 9 to 11 years relevant experience in software development of digital health tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment, or database management
- MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management or relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology and related disciplines with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in software development of digital health tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment, or database management.
- Experience working at the national level on health programs with knowledge and experience with data collection and analysis.
- Experience in setting up, implementing and maintaining electronic medical records (EMR) such as nMRS, LAMIS, LAMIS-Plus, NOMIS, etc.
- Familiarity with the National Data Repository (NDR)
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in DHIS2 customization, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS Access, Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) including DHIS2.
- Comprehensive understanding of HIV/AIDS Programming and PEPFAR indicators.
|Job Category||Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria, Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline, Technical Services, Technical Specialist|