We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sponsorship Communications Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract: Long term
Reporting to: Director, Resource Mobilisation and Innovation
Line Management: Digital Marketing Officer & Intern – Abuja, Front Office Volunteer – Lagos
- The post holder will maintain timely and effective communication with Child Sponsorship supporters in Europe and Community Sponsorship supporters, Ambassadors, and other stakeholders in Nigeria.
- S/he will support the fundraising team to deliver on supporter care commitments as well as serve as a communication point of contact for ActionAid Nigeria Child/Community Sponsorship Initiatives and Lagos regional office.
Ensure Child Sponsorship communications to funding affiliates (UK, Italy) are developed and delivered on a timely basis:
- Serve as the communications point of contact for ActionAid Nigeria Child/Community Sponsorship mechanisms
- Ensure communications to UK and Italy Child Sponsors are delivered on a timely basis
- Work with UK and Italy Communications and Supporter Services teams to ensure that communication and customer care commitment on Child Sponsorship are fulfilled
- Support Local Rights Programme (LRP) partner organisations and communities to capture and document programme activities, progress report and stories of change to be communicated to sponsors and other stakeholders
- Work with printers and other vendors to ensure quality assurance in the production of sponsorship reports and other materials
- Track LRP programme activities and provide support during project visits by Child Sponsors
- Produce Annual Communication Plans for Funding Affiliates
- Develop reports in conjunction with Women’s Right team for ActionAid’s Next Steps supporters
- Upload relevant Child Sponsorship documents, stories onto the designated internal sites (i.e. Storieshub and Sharedpoint)
- Responsible for writing updates on LRP and Sponsorship activities for ActionAid Nigeria
Lead on the development and implementation of the fundraising communication strategy of AAN’s Community Sponsorship Initiative:
- Work with ActionAid Nigeria’s Supporter Services teams to ensure that communication and customer care commitment to Community Sponsors are fulfilled
- Develop content for supporter servicing, reactivation and fundraising
- Work with the Supporter Servicing team to develop and implement an annual communications plan
- Track Community Sponsorship funded programme activities and provide relevant updates to the team and for supporter servicing
- Serve as a contact point for ActionAid Nigeria’s Celebrity Ambassadors and Social Justice Influencers
- Facilitate the planning and organisation of supporter events and any other fundraising social events within the organisation
- Encourage and support innovation in communication of Community Sponsorship Initiative
- Develop and maintain induction materials for fundraising communications
- Provide oversight on the production of fundraising publications and IEC/SBCC materials
- Promote Community Sponsorship in the media including TV, DSTV, Billboards, Radio, Prints
Support capacity building of Partners to deliver and communicate our local rights programmes:
- Support Partner organisations in the development of their annual communication plans and budgets to ensure challenges are addressed and opportunities are maximized
- Build capacity of partners to understand ActionAid communications standards in relation to Child Sponsorship/LRP
- Support with capacity building for LRP Sponsorship Officers in using and updating the sponsorship database, SK.
Perform social media and other digital functions:
- Provide adequate support to the Digital Marketing Officer in the execution of his/her duties
- Supervise the development and implementation of digital fundraising strategy and campaigns plan
- Lead on increasing visibility for community sponsorship on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and all other relevant Social Networks by creating engaging and promotional content for each site on a daily basis, in accordance with AA brand guidelines
- Monitor and evaluate social media engagement using analytics software, such as Google Analytics etc.
- Work in close collaboration with ActionAid Communications unit to generate and share content for social media platforms
- Responsible for content development for Community Sponsorship website and efficient running of the website. Maintain and update the Community Sponsorship website regularly
Support to AAN’s Communications Hub and Editorial Team:
- Provide occasional support to the communications hub as assigned by the Communications Coordinator
- Act as point of contact for media and communications enquiry in Lagos regional office
- Maintain effective communication with other teams in ActionAid.
- Serve as a Contributor and member of ActionAid’s Editorial team and Communications Hub.
- Serve as the focal person for ActionAid Nigeria in Lagos regional office.
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team, AAUK, AAItaly and General Secretariat
- External Relationships: Celebrity Ambassadors, Social Justice Influencers, Supporters, Partners. & Media
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Mass Communications, Social Sciences/ Arts or Humanities (Essential)
- Membership of relevant professional Institute (Desirable)
- At least four years post NYSC experience in communications related role
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in professional social media engagement
- Experience in producing newsletters
- Experience in working with children
- Experience in working with partner organisations
- Creative writing experience (blogging, story writing).
Skills Abilities (Essential):
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines
- A working knowledge of the child protection act
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Photography skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative, able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- A self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS.Word)
|Job Category||Media / Broadcasting / Journalism / Content Writing / Editing / Mass Communication Jobs in Nigeria|