International Rescue Committee is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stabilization Centre Doctor (Female Prefered)
Requisition ID: req36738
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
About International Rescue Committee: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Medical Degree (MBBS: MBChB or equivalent) from a recognized/accredited University in Nigeria and registered with Nigeria Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria Dentist on board and have a valid practice license.
- A Medical Doctor duly registered and validly licensed by the appropriate regulatory body,
- Previous experience in inpatient treatment of pediatrics and severe acute malnutrition with complications.
- Experience inn Nutrition in community-based programs
- Training and experience on treatment of acute malnutrition
- Advocacy and logistics experience
- Fluency in English, Hausa spoken and written, Kanuri added advantage
- Experience in managing Nutrition program in complex emergencies
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to live under pressure in an unstable security environment
- Excellent computer skills MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, Epi- info/SPSS outlook and the internet
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong sense of personal integrity, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to work with people with diverse culture, religious background, and ethnicity.
- English, Hausa and Kanuri will be an added advantage.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State Nigeria but will be working with the other SC doctors to ensure coverage and continuous service delivery due to accessibility challenges.
- The situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- People Living with disability and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Medical Doctor / Officer Jobs in Nigeria|