- Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor, Nigeria
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
About Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
- Support the development and finalization of DQA protocols, site selection methodology, and site visit plans.
- Institutionalize a standardized approach/methodology to data reviews.
- With inputs from USAID/Nigeria’s relevant technical office and the Data.FI team, finalize materials and lead data assessor training.
- Conduct IP M&E systems assessments and data verification for select HIV/OVC program indicators at IP central levels, intermediate and service delivery/sub-contractor levels (as appropriate).
- Participate and supervise the field activities of multiple teams of data quality assessors
- Coordinate debrief meetings of DQA and SIMS assessors following the facility and IP visits.
- Review and provide relevant feedback on daily reports of DQA activities and findings submitted by DQA assessors.
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient information.
- Technical backstop in data quality and data alignment exercises, working with the IPs at the state level with interventions cascaded to facility levels.
- Recommend actionable recommendations to address emerging data quality issues and M&E system issues identified.
- Compile site visit reports and validated data into comprehensive DQA reports.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations debriefs with USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders.
- Carry out other DQA/SIMS tasks assigned by the Senior Regional Data Analytics and Use Advisor/or Country Director.
- Provide technical support to situation room implementation across several USAID supported states:
- Work with other IPs to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the automated partner performance reporting (APPR) platform, District Health Information Software, version 2 (DHIS2), situation rooms, and other platforms.
- Build the capacity of national programs and Country staff in data demand and information use, applying developed curricula, and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Any other duties assigned per the dynamic programming environment as defined by USAID.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least eight years’ experience advising on HIMS or routine health information systems.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, including DHIS 2 preferred.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in leading and managing rigorous and evidence-based DQAs.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in training M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and findings dissemination sessions using DQA findings.
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation reports and data quality assessment reports for USAID or other donors.
- Sound knowledge of the USAID ADS policy, especially guidance and requirements on DQAs.
- Familiarity with conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata, NVivo, or Excel for DQA.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams, including extensive
- knowledge of IT principles, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to work well under pressure; skills in crisis management and problem-solving; ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical packages – Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, BI applications
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.