We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Activity Officer
Location: Gummi, Zamfara
Job Type: Definite (3 months renewable)
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Performing the day to day implementation of supply procedures and ensuring efficient administrative processes for one or more areas of the supply programmes (Order Processing, Transport and Customs, Procurement, etc.) at project level according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
- Performing the day to day activities ensuring an efficient running of the administration processes of the supply activities following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. The activities can include one or more of the following areas:
- Order Processing: Performing the day to day order processing activities in the project.
- Purchasing: Performing the day to day purchasing activities in the project.
- Transport and Customs: Performing the day to day procedures and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of goods ensuring an efficient shipment of goods.
- Performing and coordinating administrative procedures related to his/her supply activities, verifying the compliance to MSF procedures, standards and protocols.
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are followed to avoid stock ruptures, losses and excess stocks in the mission.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her activities and as specified in his/her job description.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Carry out data entry activities into UNIFIELD system, registering all orders, deliveries and data concerning stocks according to established procedures, and produce the appropriate, updated documents for the supply team in order to support decision making processes.
- Perform data entry of all ordering information into UNIFIELD program and create appropriate documents for ordering and receptions, ensuring that all data entered has been approved according to authorization table and MSF policy. Ensure that appropriate documentation has been received and ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete.
- Perform the workflows, outgoing and ingoing, of all the related logistics documents.
- Verify correct authorization of orders and receptions in UNIFIELD.
- Report any anomalies in the database to the supervisor immediately
- Files documents according to MSF standards (Log Admin Kit).
- Ensures no unauthorized people have access to the database
- Discusses work progress with the supervisor on a daily basis, reporting to the rest of the supply team at the weekly team meeting.
- Perform routine checks of the database to ensure consistency.
- Assists the supervisor to identify any items at risk of rupturing or expiring – referring to UNIFIELD database.
- Reporting duties:
- Identify, in close relation with the supervisor and the Supplier and according to UNIFIELD database, potential stock risks (expiring, security level stock).
- Produce UNIFIELD reports on stock level, average expiring terms and availability.
- Compare with the supervisor the logical stock inventory with real stock levels on a monthly basis and justify any gap.
- Enter data and create worksheets to assist in the International Orders
- Provide weekly and monthly format sheets for consumption and stock reports of all locations.
- Report immediately to the supervisor of any discrepancy found in data system.
- Report the pipeline and the ordered material received or outstanding items.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential: Secondary Education
- Desirable: Technical Diploma in Supply Chain or Commerce-related studies
- At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs or in the logistics department
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics.
- Essential mission language and local language desirable.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 18th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- NO Transportation and NO per diems will be provided during the recruitment procedure
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
- Any documents sent to MSF-OCA (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-OCA.
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will notbe considered.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria|