Plan International is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager, Humanitarian
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About Plan International: Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
- Educated at a Bachelor’s level in relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years’ experience of leading a team in supply chain function(s) in a Humanitarian set up
- Experience in start-ups and implementation of donor grant projects, good knowledge of donor rules and regulations across humanitarian Admin and Logistics functions.
- Technical background across all aspects of logistics and supply chain management, including, office management, warehousing, Asset, fleet management, accommodation, contract management and humanitarian distributions.
- Experience of contributing to market and needs assessments, contributing to emergency response and project plans.
- Strong knowledge of Goods Storage and Distribution Practices
- Working knowledge in contract negotiation and management.
- Hands-on leader who is a strong motivator.
- Strong proficiency with using MS Excel and data analytics
- Up to date knowledge of best practice using advanced inventory management tools.
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of PLAN. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to PLAN’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Able to be planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working internal and external relationships, and represent Plan in a professional and competent manner.
- Ability to work and provide effective leadership, equally comfortable working in leadership, management and hands-on roles in rapidly changing contexts.
- Knowledge and/or experience in supply chain delivery, including working with local partners.
- Knowledge in working with markets and cash-based delivery would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, gender and diversity.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Commitment to continuous learning; willing to update knowledge in Supply Chain.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should : Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria, Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|