Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Supervisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Planning and supervising the execution of the supply chain activities in the project or capital (order, procurement, transport and customs and stock management) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning, coordinating, supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the supply activities in the project/coordination as specified by the line manager, ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including the following tasks:
- Order management: Responsible for the supply administration, the correct filing and archiving of supply database and the efficient processing and follow up of orders and requests
- Procurement: Responsible for purchase management, in particular the follow up of purchases, preparation, together with the Deputy Supply Coordinator, market assessments, contracts and supplier evaluations and communication with local suppliers for the status of purchase orders, claims and complaints
- Transport and Customs: Ensuring the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods of the mission and provide info on timelines regarding administrative procedures concerning, import, customs clearance, etc.
- Stock management: Controlling quality and costs and the physical state of orders and determines the quantities of products to buy (volume) taking into account the demand and needs of the mission, the availability forecasts, delivery timelines, budget and other relevant factors and monitors stock levels related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortage in the capital
- Ensure the storage is complying with the storage rules of stored products (food, hazardous substances, narcotic & psychotropic, etc.) and provide the medical teams with technical support for the pharmacy stock management.
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BackOrders confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Supervise, monitor and assess the members of supply teams under his direct supervision
- Update the mission importation procedure and international order chronogram (stated in the mission supply guideline) in relation with the new country importation policy
- Prioritize the purchasing activities as well as the optimum quality of the good purchased with Purchaser and follow up the administrative purchasing (comply with procedures stated in the supply guideline.
- Education: Essential Diploma in Logistics and Transport / Business Administration. Degree in Supply Chain desirable.
- Experience: 1 – 2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs especially in transport & customs management is an added advantage.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, teamwork and cooperation, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Fixed-term contract and working hours according to Nigerian Law.
According to the MSF salary scale plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Qualifications, License, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with contact details to: [email protected] using “Supply Chain Supervisor Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- NON-COMPLIANT or LATE applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.