United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Vulnerability Remediation
Job Type: Permanent
Job Objective (s)
- To identify and manage the vulnerability process across the bank in line with CISA recommendations.
- Be responsible for managing the vulnerability remediation process across the group which entails the patching or fixing of all cybersecurity weaknesses that are detected in enterprise assets i.e. networks, systems and applications.
- Act as a liaison between the Information security management team and respective service owners in IT to ensure prompt closure of identified vulnerabilities.
- Key performance indicators will strictly be based on an acceptable vulnerability remediation threshold using a risk-based approach to determine the required remediation velocity for the business.
- Ensure that all critical vulnerabilities identified are remediated within 15 days of initial detection in line with CISA recommendations.
- Ensure that all high vulnerabilities are remediated within 30 days of initial detection in line with CISA recommendations.
- Maintain an up-to-date remediation plan and record of all identified vulnerabilities with their respective remediation status at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- CISA or related certification is an added advantage.
- 3-4 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of managing the vulnerability process across the bank, and ensure that all critical vulnerabilities identified are remediated within 15 days in line with CISA recommendations.
- Must have basic knowledge in supporting the various operating system and conversant with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing process.
- Must be smart, enterprising, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Have basic knowledge in supporting the various operating system in use in the bank i.e. Windows, Linux, Unix and AIX.
- Be conversant with the vulnerability assessment and penetration testing process and techniques.
- Good understanding of endpoint security.
- Basic knowledge of the common web servers in use i.e. Apache, IIS, Nginx, Sun Java.
- SSL certificate provisioning on web applications.
- Knowledgeable of the use of common remediation tools i.e. SCCM and Ansible.
- Knowledge of common/known vulnerabilities and remediation techniques/procedures.
- Ability to develop and promote team spirit.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online