Management Sciences for Health is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer
Reference ID: R2610
Employment Type: Full Time
About Management Sciences for Health: The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- M.D / MBBS required with some field experience in clinical and/or community-based malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment or a graduate degree in health management or public health. Specialized experience in malaria is highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of post NYSC relevant experience in public health. Any experience in malaria programming will be an added advantage. Some health related community development experience is required.
- Experience in malaria programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations; knowledge and experience of programmatic and technical service delivery challenges is highly desired.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Capacity to prepare evidence-based reports and documents.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical documents.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Previous experience with or good knowledge of Global Fund operating procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate information to both health and non-health audiences, and achieve consensus on policy, project, research, and administrative matters.
- Good verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy are required to establish and develop sustainable working relationships at the highest level and a high level of trust with public/private organizations. Verbal communication skills are also used to negotiate activity plans and resolve activity implementation issues with counterparts, partners and team members. Excellent written communication skills are required to prepare regular and ad hoc reports, activity documentation and briefing papers.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point) are required for effectively operating in this position. Good computer skills are required to implement, analyze, and monitor, and manage activity goals, inputs, outcomes, and achievements.
- Ability to speak Hausa language is desired
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Technical Services, Technician|