We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Clinical Services (TO-CS)
- The Technical Officer – Clinical Services (TO-CS) will lead the delivery of health and nutrition intervention to the Cameroon refugees and host communities in his/her location by providing technical assistance and support to existing Government systems and structures to improve primary healthcare services and referral linkages.
- TO-CS shall be responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- TO-CS will coordinate and lead the medical outreach team in providing health care to the refugees in the settlements and health care facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training for Health staff and Volunteers in supported Health facilities and in the settlements according to the National guidelines and SoPs.
- Support the setting up and strengthening of Ward/Village Development Committees to support health facilities and ensure their operations are in synergy with minimum standards of NPHCDA and BHCPF.
- Provide technical guidance to Assistant Technical Officers – Nutrition, Mental Health, Essential Drugs, M&E team in the team.
- Undertakes patients’ consultation and physical examination and promoting health education
- Responsible for generation of Note for File (NFF) for Persons of Concerns (PoC) requiring referrals to secondary and tertiary care; for purpose of approval by Project Manager
- Follow up with PoCs on admission at secondary or tertiary health facilities, monitor their management and progress, providing feedback and generating discharge summaries and verification of medical bills.
- Be responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical supplies are available for the outreach team for effective service delivery.
- Represent NRCS as a health partner in State and LGA level Health coordination meetings
- Support the celebration of UN Days (Refugee, HIV, Malaria, Breastfeeding, etc) in collaboration with the UNHCR, State governments as well as other Ips
- Support ambulance services/crew for referrals and transport of referrals of emergencies in PoC from PHC to secondary and tertiary health facilities in-line with UNHCR guidelines and SOPs including insured and un-insured refugees.
- Lead emergency response for PoC new arrivals
- Lead the assessment and screening of PoCs to address physical disability, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and albinism.
- Support uptake of high impact MNCH intervention such as immunization, Focused ANC, treatment of common ailment, MHPSS, CMR by PoCs through social mobilization, community engagement and school health program
- Support neglected tropical disease mass drug distribution and cervical cancer screening among PoCs and Long-lasting insecticide nets procurement and distribution.
- Support the team in the development of Terms of References for planned activities such as capacity building, missions, meetings, stakeholder engagements etc.
- Support to review weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports submitted by ATO for the team
- Review retirements and other financial documents before submission to NHQ
- Submit reports of Project activities to the NHQ
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with Nigeria Medical and Dental Practitioner’s council
- Must possess a valid practicing license for 2023
- At least three years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in the local language.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of PHC services in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.
|Job Category||Technical Services|