Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Reporting & Communications
Requisition ID: 2022200432
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health, Nutrition and Protection interventions alongside working with governments and partner organizations, including community-based organizations/groups.
- The Technical Officer-Reporting and Communications will work closely with the Communications & Reporting Coordinator in the creation and delivery of internal and external communications strategies, including organizational materials, donor reporting, success stories, production of daily content for social media, events, publicity, and other deliverables pertaining to organizational communications.
- Focuses on developing and delivering clear, concise, and coordinated organizational messaging across multiple communications vehicles and on fostering opportunities for dialogue between staff and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Communications & Reporting Coordinator in all areas of media and communications, including written and visual communications and social media management to promote the activities of the organization.
- Produce regular high-quality photos, videos, presentations, success stories, factsheets, and press releases.
- Provide publicity, promotional support, and informational materials for programs, special events, and community outreach activities, including articles, blog posts, bulletins, pamphlets, videos, and other related media materials.
- Provide high-level program graphical works, manage graphic content and ensure excellent displays in line with USAID and FHI 360 branding guidelines.
- Works with Consortium partners on Integrated Multisectoral Assistance for Conflict-affected vulnerable populations in the Greater Maiduguri project in MMC/Jere to develop and implement communications and public relations strategies to promote and publicize the project through design works.
- Develop and design quality and visually appealing materials for programs and events e.g., banners, posters, brochures, stickers, fliers, donor reports, presentations, and newsletters through graphic design and web optimizations.
- Layout various versions of program publications and IEC materials in different languages, including Hausa, Kanuri and Shuwa.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA in Journalism and/or Graphic Design-related field with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in design work in print and electronic settings.
- Or MS/MA degree in graphic design-related field with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in design work in print and electronic settings.
- Skilled in word processing and graphic design software packages, preferably Adobe Web/Design Collection, Final Cut Pro, Maya 3D, and others.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is desired.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles, theories and methods of communications, graphic designs, digital management, public relations, and journalism.
- Strong understanding of FHI 360 and donor IEC and branding policies.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Knowledge of design and infographics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write, edit and develop all facets of content for different audiences.
- Excellent video and photography skills, using camera and phone.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to regularly travel to field sites to document program activities.
- With minimal supervision, manage a high volume of workflow.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to emergency response programs.
- Relevant local language skills, including Hausa, Kanuri, and Shuwa are preferred.
- Experience working with external print vendors is preferred.
- Skilled in word processing and graphic design software packages, preferably PC-based software, such as Adobe Creative, Corel Draw, Quark, Quark Express, Page Maker, and Microsoft Publisher desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Technical Services|