African Union (AU) is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training & Capacity Building Expert
Requisition ID: 1579
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Reports to: Principal Officer, Training and Capacity Building
Directorate/Department : African Migration Observatory/ HHS
Division: Office of the Deputy Director
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
About African Union (AU): The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
- A Master’s Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Law and any relevant studies in relation to capacity building OR Bachelor’s Degree in similar fields coupled with seven (7) and ten (10) years of progressive and relevant work experience respectively. Three years out of this total needs to be at expert/specialist level.
- A professional qualification or certificate in training/capacity building.
The candidate needs to have continuous and combined experience in the following areas:
- Working on development of syllabi/curricula for capacity building programmes, relating to data collection, analysis, policy guidance, planning and implementing capacity building workshops and seminars
- Proven experience in assessing the needs of Member States and RECs in capacity building.
- Documented experience in providing training or facilitating capacity building sessions, at certificate or diploma level.
- Considerable expertise and experience in providing technical assistance/training/capacity building to governments/government agencies on issues related to migration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of curriculum development and training methods.
- Demonstrable experience in providing training/technical assistance to governments, specially in the relation to migration.
- An understanding of the African migration landscape.
- Proven experience interacting with international and regional public partner agencies.
- Proven track-record of working and liaising with high-level government and donor officials.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and leading teams of consultants, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting technical documents for executive level consumption and/or peer review.
- An understanding of the African Union way of working and managing associated relationships with Member States/RECs and partners is preferred.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2023.
|Job Category||Technical Training Programme|