MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa. MainOne Cable's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Technician / Rigger
Job Type: Permanent
The Transmission Technician / Rigger will be responsible for the following:
- Basic understanding of GPON technologies and supports.
- Ability to support nationwide TMS vendors on link restorations in all regions.
- Testing and Commissioning of Microwave links(Ceragon, Ubiquity, Dragonwave and Cambium).
- Comply with company Occupational Health & Safety requirement.
- Previous background of using specific harnesses and fall-arrest systems.
- Testing of earth reading(ER) at sites.
- Timely and accurate completion of all reports as required by field supervisors.
- Coordinating installation activities with Vendors to ensure proper installation was carried out.
- Installation of transmission equipment on site as well as powering up.
- Providing progress reports on installation to all stakeholders.
- Use of Ethernet tester to carry out Y1544 as well as bandwidth test on newly provisioned links.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- OND in Computer Science / Electrical Electronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Innovative, proactive and flexible.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Construction, climbing, and rigging experience is necessary.
- Ability and desire to climb heights up to 500 feet daily – Good physical condition and state.
- Have proven, relevant work experience.
- Ability to perform Telecom Rigger role.
- Adhere to applicable Health & Safety laws, policies and best practice guidelines
- Great team working skills – the ability to work as a team on the same site / engineering project.
- Good technical background with a solid understanding of mobile and wireless projects.
- Working on height.
Demands of the Job:
- Working at late and odd hours.
- Frequent travelling when required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online