Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: User Experience Researcher
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team.
- You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products.
- You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies.
- As the UX researcher, you would report directly to the Head, Engineering and would be responsible for inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the Product Design team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Mentor and coach junior UX researchers on the team.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MSc in a Human Behaviour related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Previous startup experience is a plus.
Must Have Skills and Experiences:
- Four (4) or more years of UX research experience
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.