We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager I
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Site Manager, Workshop Manager 1 oversees preventive maintenance and ensures that repairs on ICRC vehicles and other logistics equipment are made in accordance with guidelines issued from headquarters and manufacturers’ recommendations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness and through planned preventative maintenance resource allocation, asset optimization and fleet right-sizing analysis together with the Vehicle Fleet Manager or Logistician.
- Provides and organizes training for fleet staff regarding; technical aspects (diagnostics, repairs, maintenance techniques), transfer of technology, proper use of diagnostic and other electronic equipment, tools and machinery, and ICRC administrative procedures.
- Helps the Mechanics with complex diagnostics and technical problems with vehicles and generators and suggests solutions.
- Operates and maintains the Fleetwave Centralize (FWC) software system, electronic logbook, electronic spare parts catalogue, etc., as required.
- Responsible for forecasting and planning quarterly spare parts orders, sets stock levels for spare parts and consumables in accordance with activity levels; takes part in placing orders for spare parts and equipment as required.
- In charge of ensuring accountability, proper storage and disposal of hazardous workshop wastes (waste engine oil, fuel/oil filters, tires, batteries) for site under their AoR in accordance with SoP’s and directive from Vehicle Fleet Manager 2
- Ensures that risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his/her role as described in the Logistics Risk and Control Matrix (Workshop and Fuel Storage safe working protocols, workplace accidents/incidents of workshop staff, PPE equipment attributions.
- Supervises, trains and coaches the Mechanic and Mechanic’s Helper and manages some workshop staff.
- Monitors and checks fuel consumption, including contingency planning
- Where applicable, manages the budget of the cost center under their responsibility
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree / Technical College or certificate in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering.
- Valid Level 1 Motor Vehicle Mechanics Certificate issues by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Labour & productivity
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a foreman / forewoman in the automotive industry or 4–6 years’ experience in a similar position as a mechanic.
- Valid class B or D Nigerian Drivers Licence
Desired profile and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel PowerPoint, Word).
- Previous experience in managing Fleet Software is an asset.
- Experience managing a team
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using “ABJ202200343 Workshop Manager 1 MIU” as the subject of the mail.
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the following format:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
- The deadline for the submission of applications will be 21.11.2022, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
- Applications intended for this role without the stipulated subject will not be considered
|Job Category||Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|