Did you know that Northumbria University hosts over 8,000 UG and PG courses located in Newcastle every year? The university currently has approximately 17,000 students from within the country and 13,000 foreign students studying at the University of Northumbria.
Related: Global Scholarships at Hiram College, USA.
Applications for Northumbria UG courses can be submitted online through UCAS, but admission to PG is done internally and is registered directly through Northumbria.
Admission is based primarily on the academic results of the candidates and the results of IELTS tests. Additional documents, such as personal statements and recommendations, are also examined to verify the applicant’s potential.
Admission of International Students to the University of Northumbria
International students are welcome to apply for more than 400 UG and PG courses as local students. However, foreign students must meet additional requirements such as available financial evidence, knowledge of English, and a student visa for the UK.
Related: 25 Medical Schools that Offer Full Scholarships in 2022.
Knowledge of the English language
Knowledge of English is one of the critical conditions for enrolling international candidates. While English-speaking students are exempt from providing such evidence, English-speaking students must submit a document proving their English language proficiency.
The minimum requirements for some Proficiency Tests are Listed Below:
- IELTS – 6.0 – 6.5
- Pearson – 54 – 62
- UK Visa procedure
- Applicants will receive a CAS or proof of admission upon admission to the University of Northumbria. The student is then to get a general Tier 4 visa.
- A Tier 4 visa is required for all Northumbria University courses with a minimum of 6 months of study. The first date for applying for a study visa is 3 months before the start of the course.
Related: Fully Funded Scholarships for Students in Europe, Middle East, and Africa | Updated.
These are the documents that a student must submit to obtain a Tier 4 visa:
- Proof of financial viability
- Proof of consent of the parent / legal parent if they are under 18 years of age
- Proof of relationship with parents/guardians if they are under 18 years of age
- Tuberculosis test results (if applicable)
Note: Applicants will receive a CAS only after proving their English language skills.
Related: ICSP Scholarships for Undergraduate at University of Oregon USA for 2022/2023.
Admission to Northumbria University Undergraduate Program
- Northumbria offers UG courses in over 100 core courses, including BA (Hons), BSc (Hons), and Being (Hons).
- The application process for the University of Northumbria is described below:
- Place of application: UCA
- Basic conditions for application:
- The following conditions for admission to the bachelor’s course:
- GCSE requirements or equivalent
- Good proficiency and Knowledge of English
- Purpose statement
- Interview (if necessary)
- Portfolio (if applicable)
- Letters of recommendation
- UG country-specific requirements
Related: Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2021/2022.
The University has special requirements for international applicants. The academic requirements of several countries are as follows:
- Country name Academic requirements
- India 65% or more in Standard 12
- Japan 3/5 USLC and relevant IFP grades
- China demands a Minimum of 80% high school diploma or equivalent
- Pakistan has 75% or more of a high school diploma.
Related: Rhodes Scholarships 2021 at Oxford University, United Kingdom.
Admission to the University of Northumbria
The University of Northumbria offers more than 150 master’s courses and certificates for all graduates. In addition, the university also offers 11 postgraduate distance learning courses. Some of the popular courses are MBA, MSc Advanced Computer Science.
Related: Turkish Scholarships 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded.
Application Portal: Northumbria Direct
Registration fee: None charged
The IELTS score must be about 6.5
Must have about 55% or 65% in undergraduate studies
Related: Trent University Scholarships in Canada 2022 | Fully Funded
Need to have 3 years of work experience (MBA)
Applicants must have 2 letters of recommendation (preferably academic)
There is no admission deadline for the university. However, all candidates will be notified of admission via an official e-mail. To avoid problems, applicants are advised to keep in touch with the Program Manager and the Admissions Office.