Are you interested in pursuing an education in Australia? We are pleased to inform you that Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka is currently ongoing application at La Trobe University. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka is offered for Bachelors, Master’s degree in the field of Courses offered at the university. La Trobe University is a public research university situated in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
La Trobe University’s main campus is based in the Melbourne suburb of Bundoora. The university was founded in 1964 making it the third university in the state of Victoria and the twelfth university in Australia.
The university is one of the Australian rich universities and also part of the Innovative Research Universities group. La Trobe’s main and principal campus is situated in the Melbourne metropolitan area, within the northern Melbourne suburb of Bundoora.ADVERTISEMENT
La Trobe University is the largest metropolitan campus in the country, occupying more than 267 hectares (660 acres). The university has two other major campuses based in the regional Victorian city of Bendigo and the twin border cities of Albury-Wodonga.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses across its two colleges of Arts, Social Science and Commerce (ASSC) and Science, Health and Engineering (SHE). La Trobe University was rated in the top 100 universities under 50 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2015.
In the 2021 QS World University Rankings, La Trobe University was rated in the top 300 universities for arts and humanities. The university is rated in the world’s top 400 universities by all three major independent ranking agencies.
La Trobe University recorded a strong result in the respected Academic Ranking of World Universities. The university is now rated at 307 in the world. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 rated the university at 201-250th and rated it 52nd globally in the 2019 Golden Age Rankings Rankings.
The 2021 QS World University Rankings rated the university 400th in the world. These rated placed La Trobe University in the top 2 per cent of universities globally. According to the QS Subject Rankings for 2020, La Trobe University is rated in the top 50 universities worldwide for sports-related subjects.
In 2020, La Trobe University was 467th globally and 156th in the field of Social Sciences. The university rates well for employability, as demonstrated in the 2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings in which the university rates 16th in Australia and fifth in Victoria (and in the top 500 universities globally).
The university secured its position among the world’s elite institutions, featuring 38th in the world in sports-related subjects, and in the top 100 global universities for nursing and archaeology (QS World University Rankings by Subject). La Trobe University features a strong Master of Business Administration (MBA) program which was rated 32nd globally by QS Distance Online MBA Rankings for 2019.
The 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) report found that La Trobe University’s research was ranked ‘At world standard’, ‘Above world standard’ or ‘Well above world standard’ across all wide and detailed disciplinary areas.
Worth of Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka
- The Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka provide 100% deduction on annual tuition fees for the entire duration of the course.
- The scholarship will also be reflected on your Statement of Account every semester. Please note that failure to meet the scholarship terms and conditions may lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship and the student must cover the cost of the OSHC policy.
Eligibility for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka
- You must be a citizen and resident of India or Sri Lanka to be eligible for the scholarship.
- To be qualified for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships, you must be a full-fee paying student (Non-Sponsored).
- Each candidate must be qualified for direct entry (no ELICOS or pathway) starting an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree which is under the LTIS List of Eligible courses.
- To be eligible for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships, you must have an overall WAM* (AQF Equivalent) of 80% or above.
- Each candidate must meet all the requirements in the offer letter by the provided deadline to be qualified for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships.
How to Apply for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka
- To apply for the scholarship, you must submit a complete application for the course commencing in Semester 1 (March), Semester 2 (July) or Summer 1 (November) admission of 2022 at La Trobe University.
- Each candidates must also provide the following documents before the application deadline to apply for this scholarship:
A detailed resume
A 4-5 minute video recording answering the below questions
Reasons you should be selected for this scholarship
Why you chose la Trobe University?
What your career goals are
How you would like to make a difference to the world/community using this eligibility
- You may be invited for an interview. Candidates who have already applied for Semester 1, Semester 2 or Summer 1 of 2022 will be considered for the scholarship if they met the eligibility requirements.
- For more information, visit the university’s official website.
Application Deadline for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships – India and Sri Lanka
The application deadline for the scholarship is August 20, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australian scholarships here